Monday, March 14, 2011

Week 11

A picture of something you hate.

Something I hate, huh?  Well, as we have all heard, hate is such a strong word.  We are called to hate the enemies of G-d, and evil, too.  But, short of that, are believers supposed to actually hate?

Hmmm...I'm probably taking this too seriously.  *smirk*

OK, here's something I hate:  splat days.

So, what's a splat day, you ask?  Well, I've been accused of making up my own definitions, and I suppose this would be a good example.  Have you ever had a day where things have happened, been revealed, conversations taken place that have just left you reeling?  The phone call came, the worst scenario actually took place, that meeting just didn't go the way you were hoping...

Then the next day came.  SPLAT!

The realization of things sink in and you feel like you fell from a 30 story building onto the cold, hard reality of concrete at street level.  Flattened and barely breathing, your only choice is to wait for a faithful friend to come and scrape you off the sidewalk.  Yep, a splat day.

I've had some whopper splat days in recent months.  I have to heartily say that I hate splat days.

not really a picture, but it will have to do...

There is a good thing about splat days, though.  They only last one day, and then it's the next day.  The day after a splat day.  Which is always a good thing.

2 comments:

Mama Cache said...

No actual photos for splat day -- I think that's a good thing.

I love you, my dear friend.

Ari C'rona said...

Remember when I 'fell in the hole' pretty regularly? That's my version of a splat day, I think. Yep, they suck. I'm always here for you, my dear. <3

© 2010-2013 Hendel D'bu. All rights reserved.
Blog content and images are copyrighted; all other content is copyrighted by their respective sources. Permission to duplicate may be requested of author or sources cited.