Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Question No. 37

(I think I would tell this young woman to brush her hair...just sayin')

Dear Younger Me,

I really wish you could have read this long before now, as the lessons learned from the experience have been, well, rather difficult. I have some definite wisdom to share, I sincerely hope you take my words to heart.

Go to school and do your best. Take psychology.

Skip the drugs - they are damaging and serious time wasters.

Don't be afraid to love others. Just do it.

Don't give yourself away - on any level.

Don't spend all your time trying to please others.

Don't waste time doing things that are not important to you or G-d.

Accept who you are, what you are and the One that made you.

Smile big.

yours truly,
Older Me

*******************************
This question just touches people where they live. I posted the question on facebook - what a response. The answers were so good, I'd like to copy them here:

‎"Don't worry, be happy"

‎"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."--Christopher Robin

"Don't count on anyone else to stay around... that's not happening for quite a while. So believe in G-d and your self ... they get you there."

"You ARE worth loving!!"

"At every available opportunity, throw your hat in the air.
I was at my daughter's High School Graduation last night, and listening to the commencement speakers, it got me thinking about what I would say to my graduating class, if I could go back in time... And that was it. Sometimes, you need to just let the emotion out, take the opportunity for exuberance and unbridled joy when it comes, and toss your Mortarboard just as high and far into the air as you can. Yes, you might lose it. Yes, they told you not to. But what I wouldn't give to go back to MY graduation, and experience that two seconds of total release and freedom and joy. I would have rather had THAT memory, than the dusty mortarboard sitting in a closet somewhere."

"Don't be afraid to ask for anything. The worst that can happen is life says NO. You will never get more from life than you ask for, nothing extra will be offered to you. Wish I had been braver when I was young."

"I would tell him the same as I tell my son, who in a sense, is a younger version of me."

"I would tell myself to not trust all that others will tell you...."

"Do more and don't wait until tomorrow."

"The younger version of me would not listen to the old me anyway!"

1 comment:

Netanya said...

Very cool insights. If only.....

© 2010-2013 Hendel D'bu. All rights reserved.
Blog content and images are copyrighted; all other content is copyrighted by their respective sources. Permission to duplicate may be requested of author or sources cited.