Monday, January 30, 2012

Week 57


If you must play, decide on three things at the start: 
the rules of the game, the stakes, and the quitting time.
~Chinese Proverbs

The challenge prompt for this week is a picture of my favorite game. Honestly, I'm not much of a game player. I don't like to play card games, and I'm not much for board games, either. I kinda enjoy putting together a puzzle, but is that really considered a game? Not sure.

I loved tag as a kid - I suppose that's a game, but I certainly don't have a picture of myself playing it! I also enjoyed hide'n'seek. I most certainly encouraged my children to play those games when they were smaller.

At shul, I always enjoyed watching the kids play games. Groups of them laughing, talking and shouting with victory as they played so many, many different games. They also played a game called Sardines where they would somehow all end up squished in the same hiding spot - very funny. I never completely understood the rules of Sardines, but it was hilarious to watch.

When I was in elementary school, I really enjoyed playing four-square. My best-buds were guys and they were very sweet to me while we played. Also kick-ball was a favorite, but as I think of about it, what else is there to do during recess? Stand in line for the swings?

Well, that's probably enough rambling about games. As an adult, I see many people playing games, but not the kind that are intended to be good, innocent fun. People play all types of games with relationships, which I definitely do not like. But, let's not go there, OK?

The way a man plays a game shows some of his character.
The way he loses shows all of it.

1 comment:

Ari C'rona said...

Love your ramblings and your conclusions... :o)

© 2010-2013 Hendel D'bu. All rights reserved.
Blog content and images are copyrighted; all other content is copyrighted by their respective sources. Permission to duplicate may be requested of author or sources cited.