Sunday, December 11, 2011

Week 50

Something unfinished, eh?

I had to think about this one for a bit. I wandered the house in search of something unfinished. I kept thinking, "well, my kids are certainly not finished," and "my study of Torah is clearly not anywhere near finished," but those were pretty obscure. So, I continued to look for something more concrete.  Then I remembered.

When my beloved Grandmother died back in early January of '02, I took up a hobby that she always wanted to do, but never got around to - hand-quilting. To deal with the grief of her passing, I taught myself to quilt by hand, finishing several projects that I truly enjoyed. I spent several months diligently quilting while working through the mourning process. By late spring of '02 I had switched gears again and began my journey into serious study of the Torah. Hand-quilting went by the wayside, leaving unfinished projects to collect dust.




These lovingly hand-stitched projects haven't see the light of day for many years. Unfortunately, I don't have any plans to finish them anytime soon.

3 comments:

Ari C'rona said...

What a great way to work through grief, my friend. :o)

Mama Cache said...

Okay, I think Blogger & LinkWithin are getting far too intuitive . . . just how many days ago did you begin to work on these again?

How is it coming along, my dear friend? ♡

Liz Henderson (Hendel D'bu) said...

Amazingly, perhaps a week ago, maybe two, I really felt like picking these up again. I re-taught myself the technique, and watched some youtube vids on the subject. Perfect for a wintery night curled up on the couch!

They are coming along fine - thanks for asking!

© 2010-2013 Hendel D'bu. All rights reserved.
Blog content and images are copyrighted; all other content is copyrighted by their respective sources. Permission to duplicate may be requested of author or sources cited.