Monday, October 3, 2011

Week 40

A picture that is symbolic of your childhood.

Hmmm.

Well, that's kinda...abstract, huh?

*frown*

*thinking*thinking*thinking...

OK, how 'bout this?

my sash and patch jacket

and this...


Not the best quality, but fun, don't you think?  I spent a good part of my growing-up time in Scouts.  Yes, I do always try to "Be Prepared"!  My mom was a Scout Leader and I went from Brownies through Cadets before moving on.  I earned 31 badges, countless patches, attended camps, pow-wows, flying-ups, potlucks, crafty fairs and charity events.  I sold hundred and hundreds of dollars worth of calendars and GS Cookies.  We built fires, hiked trails, learned native plants, sang cheesy songs and learned Scout values; which, by the way, have served me well throughout my adult life.  I'm thankful for my time in scouting.

(Interestingly enough, as you can see from the pic, every important event or occasion in my life was recorded for posterity in front of the fireplace.  Yeah, it was either sit on the hearth or stand in front of it.  The funny thing was that we never used that fireplace, yet it is featured prominent in every family milestone.)

Check out that shag carpet, would you??  Haha!

2 comments:

Ari C'rona said...

Love the pics! Man, you're still really involved in activities with a purpose, my friend!

I recognize that fireplace! We had shag, too! haha!

Rebecca said...

Fun! My kids all have pics by the front door. I'm going to miss this door someday ^.^

© 2010-2013 Hendel D'bu. All rights reserved.
Blog content and images are copyrighted; all other content is copyrighted by their respective sources. Permission to duplicate may be requested of author or sources cited.