Monday, April 25, 2011

Week 17

A picture of someone who inspires you.

Yes, I know you are shocked.

But truly, the character of Obi-Wan Kenobi inspires me more than I usually let on. This character embodies so many of the traits I aspire to emulate wisdom, knowledge, loyalty, self-control, skill and agility, patience, diplomacy, kindness, determination and justice. The Jedi, in general, inspire me by their mandate of being guardians and peacekeepers.

If I were to step out of fantasy, however, and point to a living, breathing person who inspires me, I might have a tougher time. In fiction, it is much easier to create a perfect character. Not so with real people, that's for sure.  However, there are traits in some that are definitely inspiring...

I'm inspired by Karen Miller's ability to write - definitely a role model for me.

I'm inspired by Beth Moore and her seemingly unending energy and fervor towards her work and her beliefs.

I'm inspired by Kenton Lee and his musical genius.

I'm inspired by Max Lucado and his gift of weaving thoughts together that are spiritually inspirational and edifying.

I'm inspired by Troy Jones and his humility.

I'm inspired by Anne Frank for so many reasons.

I'm inspired by excellent photographers.

I'm inspired by my Dad.


“If your actions inspire others to dream more, 
learn more, 
do more 
and become more, 
you are a leader.”
~John Quincy Adams

1 comment:

Mama Cache said...

Wonderful post, my friend. Love that shot of your dad.

© 2010-2013 Hendel D'bu. All rights reserved.
Blog content and images are copyrighted; all other content is copyrighted by their respective sources. Permission to duplicate may be requested of author or sources cited.