Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Week 16

A picture of something you want to do before you die.

This one is really stumping me, to be honest.  Pretty much, if there is something I really want to do, I just do it.  Well, within reason, but I make every effort to make it a reality.

Way back when, I wanted to sing in a large choir.  I so admired those that did, enjoyed their efforts and wanted to be one of them.  So, I prayed and scheduled an audition.  I'll never forget when the director said I could sing.  I said with much surprise, "I can?"  And it is that I enjoyed singing in the choir for several years, then took a hiatus and have now returned.  What a pleasure it is.

Travel is another dream that has been fulfilled in a wonderfully fantastic way.  I always wanted to travel to Israel, and a few years back my beloved hubby made that a reality for me; not just once, but twice!  And then we, my bestie and I, got to take our homeschoolers across the country on a road trip...also not only once, but twice!  I have traveled all over the country and even to international destinations that some only dream of visiting.  I am so blessed.

But, to think of something that I want to do before I die...hmmmmm.  That's a toughie.  I have shaken hands with famous people, met all kinds of letterboxing friends across the country and costumed as a Jedi.  I've been to Alaska and Hawaii, walked the streets of NY and Atlantic City, and driven up the California and Oregon coast.  I've watched the mountain out my kitchen window change every day, and marveled at the damage the ocean surf can cause.  I've studied all night and danced 'til I couldn't dance anymore.  I've lost great friends and found even better ones.  I've loved to the fullest and grieved so much I thought I was going to die...in fact, I've deeply loved so many souls that I couldn't even begin to count.  But still, I can't think of anything I wish to do before I live my last.

I've married twice and given birth thrice...even miscarried once.  I watched the miracle of my son coming back to life and had the opportunity to improve my eyesight with miraculous lasik surgery.  I would like to see my children happy as they grow to adulthood, but does that qualify?

Guess I'm kinda rambly tonite, eh?  (So, I'm sure you are thinking, 'just think of something already!')

OK.  I want to live every day to the full until I die.  I want to enjoy what the LORD has given with so much gratitude that it shines from my face and shows in my actions.  Yep, that's what I want to do before I die - live. every. day.

3 comments:

Mama Cache said...

This one post would have been worth the entire challenge -- I love it!

Rebecca said...

How about that big Star Wars meet down in Florida....gotta do that at least once!

Ari C'rona said...

Ah, yes, my dear friend! Thank you for setting me on the road to living each day to the fullest!

"I thank my God in all my remembrance of you,always offering prayer with joy..."

© 2010-2013 Hendel D'bu. All rights reserved.
Blog content and images are copyrighted; all other content is copyrighted by their respective sources. Permission to duplicate may be requested of author or sources cited.