Monday, February 7, 2011

Week 6

A picture of one of your favorite memories.

I have so many favorite memories - my wedding on Hawaii with my handsome prince decked out in tails, the birth of my three beautiful children, so many happy times with close friends and family.  But I think I'll have to go with my first thought when faced with this challenge prompt...

my first time touring Israel, 2005

I could talk for a long time about how much I love Israel.  I had a fabulous time there and was privileged to put my feet on Israeli soil two years in a row.  I went with my beloved mother-in-law on the first tour making it oh-so special; we got to know each other on a level that only travel can afford.

Photos tell more of the story, so I'll include a slideshow of the best pics from the time I had over in my beloved Land.  I will say that it was the most moving time of travel I have experienced...a pilgrimage, really.  I cried when I arrived and I sobbed when I left.  My heart longs to return and my thoughts are never far from the one place that HaShem said He would put His eyes and ears.  It is a special place that is indescribable for me and definitely qualifies as one of my favorite memories.



I was glad when they said to me,
"Let us go to the house of the LORD."
Our feet are standing
Within your gates, O Jerusalem,
Jerusalem, that is built
As a city that is compact together;
To which the tribes go up, even the tribes of the LORD--
An ordinance for Israel--
To give thanks to the name of the LORD.
For there thrones were set for judgment,
The thrones of the house of David.


Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
"May they prosper who love you.
"May peace be within your walls,
And prosperity within your palaces."
For the sake of my brothers and my friends,
I will now say, "May peace be within you."
For the sake of the house of the LORD our God,
I will seek your good.
~Psalm 122

1 comment:

Kev said...

I love to hear you recall the days you spent there. Two years in a row -- how very special.

© 2010-2013 Hendel D'bu. All rights reserved.
Blog content and images are copyrighted; all other content is copyrighted by their respective sources. Permission to duplicate may be requested of author or sources cited.