Monday, January 10, 2011

Week 2

OK, so I'm gonna get the jump on my fellow 'Challengers" and loosely commit to posting on Mondays.  Well, at the beginning half of the week, at least.  Most of the time.  Maybe.  *smile*

A picture of you & the person you have been close with for the longest.

me & my Sis...
My parents notwithstanding, my good friend and adopted sister Laura would hands-down be the one that I have been closest to the longest.  Now, she would be able to tell you how long we have known each other, but I can tell you that when we first met, we didn't look like this photo...not by a long shot!  I'm guessin' late 80's...

We met when Laura and her (former) husband moved from Georgia to Washington and she landed a job at the company where I was working.  It was a construction rental company owned by a man that I would prefer not to remember; it was a real dog as far as employers go.  However, the bright spot was meeting Laura. 

She was there for me when I got married, sadly divorced and then happily remarried.  I was at the birth of both her children as a coach and loving support.  We both were involved with direct sales companies; both in Weekenders Clothing, plus she was in Tupperware and I was in Mary Kay.  We have now watched each other struggle with church-related heartbreak, teen angst and trying to keep our weight under control.  We have watched friends come and go.  We both share the affliction of asthma, unfortunately, but it's kinda nice that we can support each other in it.  She took me to get my Lasik surgery and I was there when she needed to have her gall bladder removed.  And, eventually, we were all together when her divorce was final.  I was her cheerleader while she got her Masters in Social Work, and she has been my constant support in my endeavors of service to others, whatever that entailed.  We have traveled together with pleasure many, many times and have spent literally thousands of hours in conversation over the years.

Yep, she's my Sis, my constant support and loving friend - and I love her so much.

from the way-back machine...

2 comments:

Kev said...

Most of the time? Maybe? *grin*

Hugs to Laura! Love your post.

Ari C'rona said...

I've really enjoyed getting to know Laura better lately - she's awesome! :o)

© 2010-2013 Hendel D'bu. All rights reserved.
Blog content and images are copyrighted; all other content is copyrighted by their respective sources. Permission to duplicate may be requested of author or sources cited.