Thursday, September 20, 2012

Week 83

A picture of the place you want to spend the most time.


I don't think I can find a photo, mine or otherwise, that would portray where I want to spend the majority of my time. Instead, I will attempt to paint you a picture...

With wide, sweeping strokes, the lightest of white, pearly and somewhat translucent, would be the light of life. 


I want to live in the light.

Sweet hues of light blue, lavender and pink represent freely given friendship and acceptance. 


I want to live with acceptance and true, unconditional love.

Splashes of bright colors - yellow, orange and green - punctuate the days with new experiences and things to learn. 


I want to live in a place where new ideas are embraced and fresh opportunities are welcomed.

Deep and comfortable darker hues find their way onto my canvas; soft brown and warm burgundy...deep turquoise and emerald green. All these speak of the abiding feeling of home and belonging. 


I want to live in a place where I belong.

Dark accents of black only add to the definition of the place I want to spend the majority of my time. Clearly defined boundaries of right and wrong give life purpose and meaning. 


I want to live in a place where righteousness, justice and love rule the day.

What a painting. Yeah, that's where I want to spend the majority of my time.
It could be just a dream, but hope springs eternal...at least it does for me.




2 comments:

Mole said...

No such thing as a new canvas, I suppose.

But...

May you brush strokes of these yearned for colors over your present canvas, incorporating from the old image, that which is worth saving -- and covering that which is not.

Sweet palette.

Ari C'rona said...

Wow... I think you're there, my friend. :o)

© 2010-2013 Hendel D'bu. All rights reserved.
Blog content and images are copyrighted; all other content is copyrighted by their respective sources. Permission to duplicate may be requested of author or sources cited.