Monday, May 7, 2012

What Doesn't Kill You


OK, another song for the Soundtrack. And boy, this one really hits home.

Attention all those who sought to break me, tear me down, talk about me behind my back, and pretend like I am evil, divisive and a liar:

you lose.

You ended up with legalism, judgment, fear, bitterness, resentment and hate.
Further, you perpetuate it to the next generation all in the name of piety.
You can't even look me in the eye or say my name without animosity.
I'd sure like to know how that behavior lines up with Scripture.

However, the LORD of All has gifted me with unending forgiveness, love, and gentle kindness towards all of you. I couldn't have done it on my own, without question. Because of His unfailing mercy, grace and faithfulness to what He promised, a new day is dawning...

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, absolutely.
All for His Glory.



What doesn't kill you makes you stronger,
stand a little taller,
doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone.
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter,
footsteps even lighter,
doesn't mean I'm over cause your gone.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger
Just me, myself and I!
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger,
stand a little taller,
doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone.
Thanks to you I got a new thing started,
Thanks to you I'm not the broken-hearted,
Thanks to you I'm finally thinking 'bout me.


You know in the end the day I left was just my beginning...
in the end...
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

2 comments:

Netanya said...

Love this! I can hear me Mom "Hit the floor runnin' girl'! The best revenge is to live a good life. Never let anyone crush that wonderful zest for life within you! They just served to prepare you for such a time as this.

Mama Cache said...

I love that you are living proof that this is true. God be praised for the wonderful compensation He has provided! He is so good.

© 2010-2013 Hendel D'bu. All rights reserved.
Blog content and images are copyrighted; all other content is copyrighted by their respective sources. Permission to duplicate may be requested of author or sources cited.