Monday, March 26, 2012

Week 65

A picture of a project you completed.


Oh my gosh, I have completed so many projects,
but it seems like I haven't finished anything.

one of three crazy quilts I assembled
for my children

Art projects.
Craft projects.
Carving, constructing, painting.
Special projects, tedious projects.
Projects that don't mean much of anything,
and projects I was unaware would mean so much.

hand-carved portrait of my mother,
of blessed memory

My husband and I have finished, and left unfinished, so many projects, especially in our house.

Lisa and I completed two 'projects' of traveling across the country with four teens - that was cool.

I have planned so many projects; I really am the planning type.
But, not too early. There is a timing that happens with good planning.
Plan too soon, and you have to go back through and re-plan your plan.
Too late and you're scramblin'.

one of several clipboards,
they were projects in and of themselves!

My favorite way to plan a project is in a restaurant or bar with my bestie, my clipboard and a glass of wine...preferably with good, live music. Ah, but I digress...

A finished project, eh?
Well, I especially enjoy the slideshow projects I have completed. My first big one was for a friend's wedding - it was such a privilege to coordinate their big event. Putting together the slideshow of their favorite memories and family photos was like being there to share them all. Loved it!

Here's one slideshow project that is very personal and special to me, featuring beloved family photos and a most poignant and beautiful song. It's not only a finished project, but a continuing one, as well.



2 comments:

Mama Cache said...

Love the initial and final frames of that slideshow. Perfect. So effective.

Ari C'rona said...

So many projects... all part of who we are whether finished or not. I've loved the projects we've shared and look forward to those we'll share in the future, my dear friend.

Love that slideshow...

© 2010-2013 Hendel D'bu. All rights reserved.
Blog content and images are copyrighted; all other content is copyrighted by their respective sources. Permission to duplicate may be requested of author or sources cited.