Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Question No. 20


The wording on some of these questions really doesn't match with my way of thinking. This one is a good example. I could cite plenty of things that others do that I personally disagree with. However, I strongly believe that everyone has the right to their choices and opinions, and I will stand for and respect their right to make those decisions.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to 
entertain a thought without accepting it.

Why do I believe that? The answer is a simple one; I want others to respect my right of choice, as well. Each one of us makes choices and has to live with the consequences of those decisions, either good or bad.

That having been said, let me rephrase the question:

"What is something a lot of people do that you would not do?"

Shoot up drugs.
Be cruel or abuse others.
Get an abortion.
Participate in adultery.
Steal from others, in any form.
Disrespect other drivers with road rage.
Post my political agenda on social media in order to convince others.
Go to a political rally or support a political candidate (they are all corrupt, in my view).
Sit in silence while knowing unrighteousness was hurting others.
Impose my standard of morality on others.
Take friendship for granted.
Teach my children to be selfish and competitive.
Watch TV shows or movies that showcase sex, violence or abuse/horror.
Post unflattering or incriminating photos of others online.
Abuse or neglect a child, the elderly or animals.
Purposefully bear false witness or withhold truth.


The ultimate test of a relationship is to disagree but hold hands.

1 comment:

Ari C'rona said...

Well stated! I like it! :o)

© 2010-2013 Hendel D'bu. All rights reserved.
Blog content and images are copyrighted; all other content is copyrighted by their respective sources. Permission to duplicate may be requested of author or sources cited.