Monday, March 5, 2012

Question No. 10


I don't usually like to live in the hypothetical, but for the sake of pondering...

I think the landscape of my life changes with each passing year, in good part, because of my kids getting older. Morgan will be 19 a year from now, Alex a whopping 17 and Taylor 14. Amazing. The journey of parenthood changes constantly, but ever so slowly; if you don't stop and take notice, you can miss it in the day-to-day.

I'll have gone through another year of winter doldrums - I'm hopeful that I'm in a better place mentally at this time next year.

I think we will be in a better place next year financially - at least, that's the plan.

As the years go by, little by little, we are inching closer and closer to the prophetic visions of our forefathers. I anticipate this making life look different next year. But not unlike parenting, things change at such a slow rate, we can easily overlook the changes unless we are actively paying attention.

A year from now I'll be one year older.
A year from now I hope that I will have grown in wisdom and knowledge.
A year from now I hope I weigh the same or less.
A year from now I hope I am healthier physically.

A year from now I hope my heart is more mended.
A year from now I hope there is a way to plan some travel.


A year from now I hope I have more hope than I do today.

1 comment:

Ari C'rona said...

Yes... I'll be thinking on this one for awhile. You've given me much food for thought.

© 2010-2013 Hendel D'bu. All rights reserved.
Blog content and images are copyrighted; all other content is copyrighted by their respective sources. Permission to duplicate may be requested of author or sources cited.