Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Week 55

I got it!  I finally thought of something I could post for this week's challenge...

A picture of a mascot.

And here he is...DOMO!


Ohmygoodness!!  In all honesty, we have had more mascots than just Domo, who acted as our mascot for the very end of our road trip back in spring of 2010. Owl and Turtle have played the much sought after and seldom duplicated role of mascot for the Landersons. Owl and Turtle have traveled the country extensively, been lost in so many places I can't even remember, have enjoyed many a tumble in the washer & dryer and even have been immortalized in rubber.  I'll say your your normal, run-of-the-mill mascot can't say that, eh?

here's Turtle being held captive in Alex' pocket

another captive shot...
they were good sports about it, really.
(hey, did you notice Domo's feet photo bombin' this one??)
Owl & Turtle in artwork, with a portrait of their owner
There is one more mascot that has traveled with me that I would be remiss if I didn't mention, and that's Phillip.  Yes, Phillip the Monkey who was snuck into my suitcase as I was packing for Israel back in '05; he wasn't discovered until we were safely ensconced in our accommodations on the shore of the Sea of Galilee.

on the booos, heading out for a day of touring

Phillip with another mascot on the tour, Chewie

here I am at Bet She'an with all the needed equipment: headphones & tunes,
my travellin' bag, camera, information and a big smile!

Well, after all that, my creative juices are finally flowin'...I just thought of one more mascot. This one is also very well traveled being mailed all over the country to grace his hosts with his Jedi presence (and a hand-carved stamp of himself!). That would be the quintessential Jedi-mascot, Obi-Bear. These days he occasionally can be seen at the local science-fiction convention helping with the Rebel Legion and 501st information tables.

the portrait

and his very own stamp

So, I guess I did have some mascots to share - go figure!

1 comment:

Ari C'rona said...

I absolutely love them all!

Those pics of owl and turtle - hahaha! Those poor guys have kept all us Landersons company many a time!

© 2010-2013 Hendel D'bu. All rights reserved.
Blog content and images are copyrighted; all other content is copyrighted by their respective sources. Permission to duplicate may be requested of author or sources cited.